Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Veterans Day

We had a lovely time singing in the assembly, it was emotional for me.  I love this day and who it Honors. I met my husband while he was in Iraq and having him be deployed, stirs up a lot of old feelings.  His best friend has been away, and it was a special treat to have my students write and create letters for soldiers.  We, well I will make sure all their cards and letters get mailed to soldiers, and I hope some will write back. My students asked and I told them this is how Mike and I found each other.  My class six years ago wrote to soldiers and he was one of many who wrote back.  We also read procedural texts and began discussing notes to write about, in Reading.  Then in Math we began our unit on Subtracting two and three digit numbers.  We are reviewing addition with two and three digit numbers in stations. During Science we discussed how sound and light can change matter and we had a blast in the Science lab.  Please ask them to explain?

Top Banana:

We had such a busy day I forgot to ask her to share please stay tuned for tomorrow's update.

No comments:

Post a Comment