Tuesday, September 10, 2013

September 10, 2013

HEY HEY, I am sorry this is late in the evening.  ALSO DO NOT STRESS, I KNOW CGI HEADACHE.  I promise it will get better and please be patient this will take practice.  I know my job is to continue to teach and give them strategies.  This is to be done by them, we have been doing this in class, and they should be independent on this.  Do not stress out, send it back, and they will have to complete with me.  If you understand it and can guide them, please do this but with minimum help.  Please write and let me know you had to help too much.  THANKS and GOOD LUCK!!

With that being said, a teacher's and parent's job is never done.  I am sitting at my desk at five-thirty in the evening.  I must really love these students, and I would tell everyone, "I do."  I asked several kids what they learned and they reported to me their thoughts about our day. I had to share what students were saying. This was when we were gathered outside at recess chatting.  I hope I get this right most of what was said because I laughed..  I am placing this in the blog because students version of what they learn is powerful.  One reported, I learned how to add and subtract kids on a bus.  I have to say they got that right on the money. Yes, go ahead and laugh like I did.  We did have a story problem in math dealing with kids riding on a bus.  One child reported we made connections all day long.  I thought how horrible am I to only teach connections all day, but they clarified. They added we did it reading, library, and math and we still are making connections outside.  I guess they learned my mini lesson for reading and applied it all day.  I can now check that off my list student got connections.  As you notice we made connections in our reading. During writing we continued to write and keep up our stamina to complete at least one or two stories this week.  We will be moving on to subtraction and continue to add as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment