Saturday, May 19, 2012

May 19,2012

I was absent on Wednesday and had a fantastic sub there, Mrs Jones.  My students did their reading test and math division test and they did a great job.  They completed a story about a rainy day, Tuesday was a down pour of a day and the rain came down hard.  I noticed on some of the children they were scared.  I turned off the lights and had them listen to the sounds.  Then we wrote about the memories and the sounds we were hearing during the rain shower.  I thought it would be interesting to see what they would write on Wednesday.  They drew pictures of their rainy day and then some even wrote a poem.  Please be on the look out for all this coming home, due to the fact I am going to grading papers as soon as I finish this.  Mrs Jones finished her day with there discussion  on community and how it holds together through the production of goods and services.  Thank you everyone for having a great day with Mrs. Jones she left a great report.


I returned to school on Thursday and had a fantastic not form my sub.  I also discovered that Jordon did not go over her poster.  She went over her poster and I left my notes on my desk.  I will on Monday leave a report of all that was discussed.  We went to the computer lab and completed our research then I showed them a little of their project they will be creating on power point.  We had reading groups and discussed our math test and we ended our day with going over our business plans.  We even watched a video on how crayons are made.


The best day of the week had to be on Friday because we went out to kickball and watched the teachers win against the fifth graders.  It was cute to see the second graders start to practice plain kickball. I even heard one yell, "We need to start practicing if we want to win."  I have to say this was not my favorite thing about this day it would be Jordon's dog.  YES I said it, her mom brought their dog to the class for us all to see.  He was a ball of fur and very bouncy.  We all loved watching him jump up and down, even give Jordon kisses.  Also there was game day and dancing going on in my room.  I loved watching the students dance and have a blast.  They earned it and their hard work was a joy to watch.  I thought it was one of the best ones thus far.


Question: Describe you favorite thing you did this week and why?

No comments:

Post a Comment