Tuesday, October 2, 2012

October 2, 2012

OKAY, I am bad.  I forgot to post my message from yesterday.  I had conferences, got the class ready, and forgot to add a new blog.  We have been having a lot of trouble being able to stay quiet in the halls, and while the teacher is giving directions.  We even had trouble in Art, and this concerns me.  I know they are working hard and I see most of them trying to improve.  We just need to continue to practice this, and make better choices.  Today we worked on one of our reading strategies, how to check for understanding.  We are focusing on when we read words and come to one we may not know.  Also not guessing at the word by just looking at the front of the word.  We need to check the whole word and ask ourselves, "Does this make sense when I read what I think it says?"  We continued to do addition problems in CGI and will move to subtraction soon.  We work on Science by going over the properties of how to categories objects as a scientist.  Over all October is looking great so far.

1 comment:

  1. Thank-you for your help today. You are a great teacher.

    ReplyDelete