Thursday, March 7, 2013

March 7, 2013

Today was a fantastic day filled with lots of learning, sorry I did not update the blog yesterday.  It was a half day and we completed all task and even got to go to Kona Ice, those that had money.

We had a great time in CAFE reading discussing our thoughts we are making in our books.  In small group with Ms. Wolfean she is modeling and explaining the strategies she would take if she was taking a third grade STARR test.  The second graders are now working on test taking strategies to help them with their reading.  We are noticing they are doing better when they use their strategies.  Then in writing we worked on our rough draft to Mrs. Lucas and we will begin our final copy tomorrow.  After writing I gave out our CGI math problem and we solved and I taught them how to explain regrouping and how to add to check their work.  As soon as we completed this task Ana shard to the class her book she was reading written by Dr. Seuss.  She noticed it had his revisions and wanted the class to know we can't be better writer's than Dr. Seuss because even he revises.  I hope this will guide the students to try to revise their writing.

Roman shared his poster and we learned he wants two weenier dogs, but he can't get them till his Dad completes parametric school.  He reported that, 'I would name them Pancake and Waffle.  I would name them this because I just want to and I love pancakes and waffles."  He loves Skylanders and has both series.  His favorite is "Flashwing because I just do."  I can't wait to hear and see what he has for us tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Hi miss Wolfean can I come and help you with Reggie?



    form Jackson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jackson,

      You finally wrote to ask, yeah. I would love it, you must check with Mrs. Tilger. I can't wait to have you help!!

      Mrs. Tavares

      Delete