Tuesday, November 5, 2013

November 5

We are excited to hear form Alianah this week, however, I have been busy teaching we have been running out of time.  We asked her to share something about herself and she reported I like to ride my bike.  The funny thing is I thought she said, "I like to ride my elephant."  I was laughing hard and the students of coarse were laughing just as much.  I used my inference skill to realize this could not be true, but still I had to ask her if she had an elephant?  I can not wait to learn more from our new Top Banana.

Today we had a great time learning how to read nonfiction. We discovered that a nonfiction book gives us facts, but can also be written in a story format.  We compared fiction and nonfiction books and noticed how the types of texts are different. We discussed how we need to use the features to help us read and locate information.  We continued writing imagined fiction stories and are looking forward to be able to start publishing our class book.  We moved in to Math and had a difficult time writing our explanation in our CGI math notebook.  We spent quite a bit of time on this.  Please make sure they are not just giving an answer that they are explaining how they solve the problem.  Foe example if they are to add 45 and 22.  They do not just write the answer is 67.  They should be writing I drew base ten blocks.  I counted the tens and I got 60.  Then I counted the ones and I got the final answer 67.  Thank you for your support on their math homework.  As a class we need to work on about following directions everywhere in the building?  We had a hard time following the teachers directions in the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment