Tuesday, January 15, 2013

January 14 and 15

I am busy and just remembered I need to continue to post our day.  I promise I put myself in time out and made sure I did have study hall. 

Courtney is our new Top Banana she discussed about how one of her four dogs just had a puppy.   The new addition to their family is Daisy, she fits into your palm.  Then she shared she has two sisters and they both attend Gattis.  Courtney is the middle child, and is shy.  I am very proud of the fact she shared today.  Sage forgot his show in tell and we will allow him to do that as soon as he remembers!! 
Now for the past two days I have been teaching in reading cafe strategies to help build comprehension.  We have been working on summary.  We have been looking for the who, when, where, why, did what and to make a complete summary we must add the events to our story.  There are normally five events to add.  We are record our findings and practicing how to locate these things in our chapter books and small readers.  We have working on fractions again this work.  The skill which is hard for them is comparing fractions as part of the group.  For example if there are 8 ladybugs color 1/4 of them?  You might want to work on this at home.  We will be completing our rock unit and are moving into natural resources unit.  The students have been loving the study of Jan Brett and are enjoying the activities to build from.  Ask them about her books and please visit her web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment