Monday, January 7, 2013

January 7, 2013

Man what a day, we had a great time getting back in touch with one another.  We had a fantastic time cleaning out our desk drawers, and changing seats.  We are now in a new year with a new attitude and a fresh start.  You might have seen a lot of papers come home, I sent all papers done or not home.  I decided lets start all over and begin on new feet.  I really missed all my little monkeys and wished we could have spent more time talking and sharing.  We will tomorrow because I forgot letting those who did their reindeer journals a chance to read them.  We will for sure read them and share their vacation time with me.  We started our day reviewing CAFE reading time and getting back in to reading mode.  Then we met with our friends about our books.  We also listened to Ms. Wolfean read The Gingerbread Baby by: Jan Brett.  She is our new author study, we are investigating her books to help us gain reading strategies.  We are working on comprehension.  We then moved on to writing and continued from where we left off working on our all about books.  Then we moved on to math and began our unit on fractions.  We discussed equal parts, whole, and equal share.  Please ask them what this means?  Then we were to share about Sage, we ran out of time.  We will do this tomorrow twice to make up for my memory lose and lack of time.  Please forgive me Sage?

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! Tonight was fun getting back into the routine of homework. We discovered a new website to help us with spelling words. It's, spellingcity.com. Thank you for taking the time to blog! We are going to try to "equal share" a cupcake. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you love the blog. I am sorry and sad I have forgotten, I am horrible. I will try not to forget, and I love you are reading it. I am proud that you take the time to do that. I love you are sharing the cupcake, how was it?

    ReplyDelete