Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Welcome Back


I am happy to report the class was excellent. I rewarded them all with NO SPELLING. We will start next week, this is a short week and I want them to be successful. I decided to not give them CGI, in math either.  I just want them to get back in routine, so only reading.We will have CGIon Thursday and next week I will add spelling.  We began our day off tired and not wanting to be back at school.  I felt they needed to clean up and change seats.  Some are sitting at their same table, but there are different students with them.  We started off in reading meeting Jan Brett, an author.  We read the Gingerbread Man, by a different author and tomorrow we will begin to study Jan Brett. She wrote many books and I look forward to hearing what the students have to say and write about her.  We then started writing and we are looking at how to use writers as a mentor.  We are studying authors to try to write like our authors, we have studied.  During math we started to discus addition with regrouping and why we need to regroup.  Then it was time to clean up the class for specials.

No comments:

Post a Comment