Thursday, October 24, 2013

October 24, 2013

Yessenia was sharing her poster and we learned a lot about her.  She has four brothers and sisters and loves them very much.  Her nickname is Cha-Cha and asked me to call her by her real name.  I do and she giggled at the fact I know her nickname.  We learned she went on a field trip to the park.   She said,"It had loads of fun things there."  Also she is about to turn eight, on November 28, 2013. Oh yes and, she shared, "One of my brothers will be nine."  I can not tell you today all the funny things my students say.  I giggle all day at some of the replies I get to questions.  

Alexis after PE this morning stated, "I am as wet as a wet dog."  I am telling you I love my class.  We are busy working on questions and inference with Nonfiction texts.  We have been learning about Patricia Polacco, who is an author and wrote her own autobiography.  Please ask them what they know about her?  During writing the students are learning to write small moments in their life.  At this time of year they want to write about spooky events and we have been studying about what truly is a spooky story?  We have been reading authors spooky stories and learning to write our stories modeled like the authors we are listening to. We are continuing with graphing and being our unit in money soon.  We are also going to finish up matter in science.

No comments:

Post a Comment