Tuesday, September 2, 2014

I had a lot to do!!

I want to let you know I did not forget I just had a lot to do tonight.  I changed our room a little added some things, and I cleaned.  YES I did!!

We had a great day today we got through all subjects. I just need more time in our day to complete our Social Studies lesson, we will tomorrow.  Oh boy did the class do a fabulous job getting started on their day.  We received our shopping bags, which we house our books in we read in class.  We also had time to finally get to a reading response.  They loved using their reading notebooks, we made a connection to the story we heard on a video.  Please ask them about this. Then we moved to Writing and wrote about a day we did not have to come to school.  Make sure you have them share about their story they started.  We then finished up our graphing lesson on sorting and collecting data using hats.  They had some trouble with how to come up with a variety of ways to graph them objects.  However, we will be doing this again in class using other items and I think it will be clearer. After a long day we finally got to wrap up our day with Social Studies, but ran out of time to complete the lesson.
 
Some parents asked for the concepts I teach for my class this week:
After today this can be found on the Homework section 
Key points to my teaching Character traits, Story Elements, Graphing, and How a Community works, plays, and grows together.

Social Skill last week and this week:  Getting the teachers attention.
Next week:  Making a request.


1 comment:

  1. Ms Wolfean-
    Thank you for letting my mom know that you were helping us today. I did not know your grandparents wouldn't be there. I am happy that I get to sit by you. Ms Wolfean, I think you're the best teacher in the whole second grade.
    From kate

    ReplyDelete