Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Wonderful Wednesday

Oh boy, today was a fantastic wonderful day.  Today was our library day and if they did not bring their books I will send them tomorrow for check out.  We managed to make it through all subjects, but they didn't really think Math was all that great.  We had a pretest, I just wanted to see what your children remembered about numbers form last year.  This was stressful, I even took them to their happy place and spoke to them.  It still caused some to really think they were not successful.  I ask you to please take sometime to discuss with them, that sometimes we will know things and sometimes we need to learn them.  However, reading and writing went smoother.  They are getting the routines and I think their independent skills are finally kicking in. We had a visitor today Mr. Thompson and boy he really got to see what my job is like.  We loved having him here and look forward to more dads.   I had a parent ask for me to place my email on my ABOUT THE TEACHER page, I did.
From the WatchDOGS team:
Dads, are you looking for an easy, gratifying way to get involved and make difference? The Gattis Watch D.O.G.S. (Dads of Great Students) program is ramping up for this year, and will host a kick-off pizza party on Tuesday, September 23, at 6:30 PM in the cafeteria. Background, how the program works, volunteer opportunities, and more will be covered. Bring your kids, your ideas, and your questions and help make our program a success! To RSVP for this event, contact Sarah and Michael at: gattis.watchdogs@gmail.com.
We have not shared our show-n-tell yet, due to the fact I am teaching lesson along with them everyday.  With that being said, YES they bring them again.  We read a story about Lilly on Monday and about her brother on Tuesday the show-n-tell goes with our stories.  Please have them share the lessons we did for Tuesday and Wednesday.  They are waiting for the lesson on show-n-tell.  I am teaching them that sometimes we have to wait for the best gift of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment