Thursday, September 25, 2014

Thursday

Half day yesterday  I wish we could do this at least once every week.  It went by quick and they had little time to get stressed.  We got through all activities and even had time for fun outside.  I forgot to hit the publish button yesterday and so I added a little from our day to here.

This week we have been reviewing connections and moving into making inferences while we read.  During writing we are finishing up our published books.  We will start small moments next week and continue to explore what is a sentence.  Today we discussed complete and incomplete sentences.  Math we have been adding and subtracting numbers and using a hundreds board to add and subtract with.  We have been counting from other numbers by ten, what I mean by this is we start at 6 and add 10.  I hope you all our enjoying reading about our day.

We heard from our Top Banana Haven

Haven explained she loved finding a tiny frog in her shoe.  She also reported she taught herself to skate and loves it.  She plays the piano, and when asked why, she stated, "My Mom made me start because when I get older I might have wished I had done it."  She loved going to her Daddy Daughter dance because she had time to be with her father.  She believes it was when she was 6 or 7.  She visited a light house on a family trip, we all thought that was cool.  She explained when she reached the top you could see all around and we even got a sticker.  She giggled when telling us about Benjamin her pet snake and him shedding his skin.  She loved telling us that they had to tickle Ky, to make him smile in one picture we all laughed too.  She loved going to the children's Museum here in Austin and her family even has a card so they do not have to pay.  "I love it because it is like a field trip,"  those were her words when asked why you like it? I do love to add what they share it is interesting to hear from them.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for spotlighting Haven this week--she's really enjoyed being able to share! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven was an excellent Top Banana. I loved hearing from her and seeing the family pictures. I had a fantastic time getting to hear all about the family. I am sure I will hear a ton more stories. She had fun and I did too. This is my favorite activity, and the students seem to enjoy it as well.

    ReplyDelete