Thursday, February 2, 2012

February 2, 2012

We had a marvelous day, it was filled with lots of learning.  We published our poems and made a cover for our poetry folder.  I can not wait till we add the poems Ms. Wolfean has shared with the class to my poems.  I heard one student say this under their breath. It was fantastic to hear how excited the girls and boys are about writing and reading poetry.  We will begin our University research and project, next week.  I can not wait to get started.  I also hope the class will be excited too?  Are you ready to begin our Texas Tech project?  What do you want to learn?  In reading the class was shocked because I changed my reading block a little, this was due to the training I went to.  I also changed my math some also due to training.  I love learning even though I am not in school!!  We used our 100 chart (Mrs. Zero) to add double digit numbers.  If you have a printer have them show you?  They will bring her home over the weekend to model this strategy for you.  Then finally we are completing our 100 day activity they brought in ask them what they are making?  The reason for two colors red and black are, can you guess the right answer?  Please comment on the blog?

2 comments:

  1. The 2 colors are the team colors for TT. :-D

    Jordon E.
    (helped out by her mom)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jordon,

      I am proud of you for answering the blog question. You are correct, those are Texas Tech's school colors. How did you know this? I love to have students answer and read the blog it is exciting to see comments.
      Sincerely,
      Ms. Wolfean

      Delete