Thursday, September 1, 2011

September 1, 2011

WOW, I just discovered I did not do my homework last night.  I am a bad girl and need recess out, and have study hall.  I decided to make this one a double.  We had a productive day and reviewed our ILAC sign activity.  This activity was to prompt positive behavior, ask your children to explain.  This seems to be working on the class because we are getting better at how we communicate with one another.  In reading we are working on our comprehension strategies and accuracy strategy to decode words and break them down.  We are look for chunks of the words we already know to help us figure out the harder words.  Please have them model this when they are reading for 20 minutes at home.  In writing we are learning how to sketch our stories when we get stuck and move on to writing. The purpose is to write more and draw less.  During math we worked on CGI problems and you should have seen this come home last night.  We are working on this and it might be difficult the first couple of nights but I think they will get the hang of it soon.  I have been impressed with their strategies thus far and look forward to what they will produce for me in the future.  I promise to try never to forget the blog again; I must have been doing my other homework.  I was planning lesson to use in the class for your child!

1 comment:

  1. Ms.Wolfean didn't do her homework? Gasp! Hehe, JK!
    Sometimes I forget to do my homework, and I did in your class, but not in the 5th grade...we'll see.
    WE HAVE SO MUCH HOMEWORK! I miss just reading for 20 minutes, then going outside to play. I can't wait till summer!♥

    ReplyDelete