Thursday, September 8, 2011

September 8, 2011

Clara reported, "Today we had a blast!"  She enjoyed writing our letters to our parents.  She is liked learning about the holidays we studied in Social Studies.  I have loved getting to know the students and I will continue to post students comments.  I feel this will be a fantastic way for you all to hear what others have to say about our day.  We practiced our CGI strategies for math and continued with counting on by 3.  Today in writing the students wrote letters to the parents, be on the look out for them on Friday.  Then we of course had a small amount of time to practice reading.  I hope you all have a great Thursday.

Question: Describe your favorite Holiday and why?

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite hoilday is, chrismas!And i like chr-
    ismas beacause i get lots of presents and i get
    to decrat the chrismas tree.And also i get to
    help my mom bake the chrismas cookies.Then i
    get the milk for santa.
    Clara

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite holiday is Chinese New Year!!! I love CNY (Chinese New Year) because we get mooncakes, lanterns and we get to go to this temple where they hold the festivals in celebration of the Autumn Full Moon and CNY. Oh and my aunt told me about this thing that we offer food to the spirits. (They prefer Vegitarian) The down there gate opens up and the spirits get to roam searching for food. We also burn Joss paper for the spirits too. You have to do it on the specific date. - Athena

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite holiday is Halloween. I like it because we get lots of candy. I think I might want to dress up as Thor this year.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mt favorite holiday is Easter, since I get to vist my Grandparents. We have a tradition every year where all my little/big cousins come over and we paint eggs. It's very fun! We make cheesecake, and we just have fun.
    I really love that holiday!~
    Athena; I really like how you described why you liked that holiday, it sounds very fun!! (:

    ReplyDelete