Tuesday, September 6, 2011

September 6, 2011

I can't believe my life I was told at the end of the day there was a fire near my apartment.  I was scared and then the worse was over.  The fire was out and I could return to normal life.  My first thing was to unpack put items away.  Then it was to update my blog.  I hope I do not upset parents and students, for my late post.  Today was again filled with lots of learning and laughter.  We learned a small way to the parts of our body for remembering the parts of a letter.  Please have your little monkeys show you.  We discussed mentor texts and the purpose of them.  We learned the three ways to set a purpose for writing and why a mentor guides use to make our process easy.  We wrote to anyone we wanted and will continue to study letter writing.  We will be writing letters all week.  We read Henry and Mudge and learned how to pair read with our friends.  They read using their new ways to read and enjoyed reading with friends.  Finally in Math we discussed counting on by three and explored our Mountain Math wall.  We recorded our answers on paper and tomorrow we will be better.  I hope that all the families who have relatives battling a fire are safe and all ends like mine did, it being PUT OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. OH MY GAWD!!! WHAT IS IT WITH THE STINKIN' FIRES!!!!!!! Because I read Great Fires and then Julius Cesar burnt down the buildings to build better ones. The towns people blamed or accused him for burning their buildings down.
    -Athena

    ReplyDelete
  2. I SAW YOU CRYING AFTER SCHOOL WHEN I WAS SAFETY PATROL!
    I was like, ''OMG waht happened?!'' I wanted to be there with you and comfort you, but I had to do my job making sure the kids were sfae.
    I'M SUPER SUPER HAPPY YOU'RE OKAY AND YOUR APARTMENT!
    Love you Ms. Wolfean ♥
    -Jennifer Wroten, your current 4th grader.

    ReplyDelete