Tuesday, September 13, 2011

September 13, 2011

It seems as if the year is going by fast, this is already the fourth week.  THANKS, to two students who have answered the blog question almost daily.  Clara and Sam you are doing a fantastic job.  I know others have come on to answer, but these two have done it everyday this week.  Today was a fabulous day which started off in the library and ended with Science.  However, we did not complete our Science lesson, I am sure it will get done tomorrow.  I had a blast reading their letters they wrote to you.  Their letters are to inform you about their year in regrades to their strengths and weakness.  I hope you enjoy them as much as I did.  Clara reported that her favorite part of today was our class visitor Mrs. Doyle.  She read a book to the class and we made a text to text connection.  Her book she shared was The Man Who Walked Between the Towers, by Mordicai Gerstein. Our connection was to the book Ms. Wolfean shared yesterday September 12th We Knew Everthing Would be Alright, by a class of first graders.  We continued studying connections in reading and worked on our understanding of using frist, next, then, and finally in our writng.  During math our class investigated doubles again and continued our CGI.  I hope you all are on your way to dinner and see you tonight.
Question:  Clara asked, "What is your favorite book you enjoy reading and why?"

8 comments:

  1. Hi mrs.wolfean. Right now I like the big Nate book.

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Purplicious is my favorite book.Because pinkalicous was lonely and she found a new friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite book to read is Cat in the Hat because it has funny things in it and the cat in the hat is not the only character. Also it's by Dr. Seuss.

    Gracyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite book is Twilight Saga, and mystery books. I love how how at the end they leave you hanging, so you can make your predictions like Ms. Wolfean taught us.(;

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite book is Pinkalicous because it is all about pink.

    Mattie

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite book is llama llama misses mama.I like it because i like the picture detail.



    Clara

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all your books you have posted.

    I laugh everytime I read Cat in the Hat Gracyn. Yes, I still get tongued tied while trying to read his books. Gracyn, what other stories do you like?

    Athena or Jenna one of you, my old fourth graders, wrote about Twlight and I would agree they do leave you hanging. I too love all of them. What books do you remember reading in second grade do you love?

    Clara, I also agree the pictures are fantastic in your book choice. I love to close my eyes and try to create my own pictures in my head as I read all my stories that do not have pictures. Do you do that too, Clara and why?

    Sam, I think the Nate book is an excellent choice too. I am impressed with everyone's book choice. What do you think of your classmates choices?

    Mattie, I love Pinkalicous! It is my favorite color and it reminds me of Fancy Nacny. Does your book remind you of something like it does me, please tell me?

    MS. WOLFEAN

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was me who picked twilight haha! (:
    I remember reading Junie. B Jones.♥

    ReplyDelete