Thursday, September 8, 2011

September 7, 2011

I do not understand why my post from last night did not take, guess the Blondie in me forgot to push publish.  I feel silly and of course, and had to laugh this morning when I came in to post our daily schedule on our blog.  I am excited that our day covered everything we needed to do and more. I have been loving the fact we have a routine in place and I am getting the majority of our items addressed.  Today continued looking at letters and the purpose for writing them.  We wrote to Texas Tech University to try and persuade them to send us information on our college to complete our research unit. In reading we discussed the use of asking ourselves questions throughout our reading.  We investigated clocks and the way we need to make sure when the hour hand is between two numbers we go back to the lower hour.  Students are confusing the time.  You might want to review with your child the importance of how we tell time to the half hour.  I see an improvement on most students, I love seeing their mental light bulb come on. We decorated the binders for writing time and they seem excited about getting to use them.  I can not wait till you see what all they are doing, during Open House. 

No comments:

Post a Comment